AN ONLINE WORKSHOP SERIES FOR WHITE WOMEN
Let's face it - conversations about race can be difficult. Even reading that this is a workshop for "white women" might make some of us uncomfortable. But many of us are learning that these difficult conversations have to take place if we are going to move forward as a society.
This is a 6-month, 6-part online workshop series. Each workshop will take place on the third Wednesday of the month, beginning Wednesday February 15, from 8:00 p.m. ET - 9:30 p.m. ET.
All women know what it feels like to be marginalized and kept in a position of inferiority. But white women occupy a different position in society than Black, Latina, Asian, and Native women. This online workshop series will explore that phenomenon, examine what it means for us as white women, and discuss ways to work together to make the world a better place for all women.
Workshop dates and topics:
- February 15: The nature of race and racism
- March 15: Fear of engaging in conversations about race and racism
- April 19: How women of color really feel about white women: one woman's perspective*
- May 17: Our relationships with white men
- June 21: The nature of power
- July 19: Actions we can take moving forward
This online workshop series is open to white women across the political spectrum. It is deliberately intended to be open and inclusive of varying political ideologies. The point is simply for white women to talk openly and honestly about how race affects us in our lives and in our relationships, and how we can take action to benefit all women.
Participants may sign up for a single workshop (or more), or for the entire series. The cost of a single workshop is $20.00 and the cost for the entire series is $100.00 (a $20.00 discount). No one will be turned away for lack of funds, however. If the cost is too much of a burden, please contact us to request a discount.
It will be conducted online, using Zoom. Details regarding log-in will be sent to registered participants closer to the event.
We are looking forward to the conversation!
* The workshop on harm will include featured guest speaker Catrice M. Jackson. Catrice is the Global Visionary Leader of the Awakened Conscious Shift, CEO of Catriceology Enterprises, and an International Speaker and Best-Selling Author. She is passionate about empowering people and making an impact in the world. She's a humanist and activist dedicated to social and racial justice. As an educator, consultant, and speaker, Catrice blends psychology, social consciousness, racial justice, and leadership wisdom into meaningful messages that wow the audience and move them into action. Catrice is a dynamic difference maker with a voice that's real, bold, unapologetic, captivating, and powerful.